Highlighted

My type tool in AE is always one click behind.

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like examples will best explain this. So, 

If i type "The" i will see "Th" on my screen until I either use a space or add another letter. 

Or if I click the italic button nothing will happen, if I click it again(disabling it) then I will see my text in italic. 

I have uninstalled After Effects and reinstalled, it didn't work. PLEASE HELP! Thanks (:

Topics

Freeze or hang, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My type tool in AE is always one click behind.

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like examples will best explain this. So, 

If i type "The" i will see "Th" on my screen until I either use a space or add another letter. 

Or if I click the italic button nothing will happen, if I click it again(disabling it) then I will see my text in italic. 

I have uninstalled After Effects and reinstalled, it didn't work. PLEASE HELP! Thanks (:

Topics

Freeze or hang, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 03, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system information and other critical info liek language and keyboard settings, fonts used etc. nobody can even begin to guess. This could in fact even be something weird like a wireless keyboard acting up due to input delays. The more specific you are, the easier it will be to get to the bottom of this.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies and thank you for the reply. 

I'm working off a MacBook with no external keyboard. Additionally, the one step behind carries over to things like italic, bold ect. 

If I type one letter then all that will happen is the blinking type line(sorry i don't know what to call it) moves forward one character but the comp will still be empty, if then I click out of the text box it will appear, additionally I could hit space, return, a different letter or anything really and then the previous letter will appear. 

Please let me know if you have a solution or any recommendations on information I could add to make the problem more clear. Thanks!Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 1.57.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-04 at 2.01.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-04 at 2.01.20 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 0