Highlighted

My video exported from After Effects shows pixelated on Facebook

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first created a video in Premier Pro, with a few 1920x1080 px png images plus audio, then i exported this and imported the result in After Effects, so i could make an audio spectrum waveform over it. Finally, i exported from After Effects, using the Facebook 1080 HD preset from Media Encoder. The problem is, when i upload to Facebook, it shows pixelated. I need it to show at good quality.. If i play it from my computer, its all good. What can i do?

Thank you any and all, your help is very much needed and appreciated. 

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My video exported from After Effects shows pixelated on Facebook

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first created a video in Premier Pro, with a few 1920x1080 px png images plus audio, then i exported this and imported the result in After Effects, so i could make an audio spectrum waveform over it. Finally, i exported from After Effects, using the Facebook 1080 HD preset from Media Encoder. The problem is, when i upload to Facebook, it shows pixelated. I need it to show at good quality.. If i play it from my computer, its all good. What can i do?

Thank you any and all, your help is very much needed and appreciated. 

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much you can do. FB's video quality is just terrible because they are massively re-compressing stuff on their servers. this is simply beyond your control.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facebook does a terrible job of re-compressing your videos. If you want the best quality you need to use the Adobe Media Encoder to render h.264 files and the YouTube or Vimeo presets that match the frame size of your movie then post them to YouTube or Vimeo. No matter what I send to YouTube it gets hammered on very badly. If you must use Facebook make sure that you follow their guidelines. They are not very specific about compression settings and formats but the first few links you will find here have some of their requirements.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines