• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My video is glitching in After Effects, how can I fix this? (Video included)

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I screen recorted my Mac's screen with QuickTime and when I open it in Ater Effects this is what it does;

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are trying to use an H.264 file. This highly compressed inter-frame compressed MPEG is very suseptible to decompression errors. You should add the file movie file to the Adobe Media Encoder and use one of the presets to generate a visually lossless production master. I suggest using the GoPro Cineware format. Your frame size also does not match any standard video format so you should consider the ramifications of that frame size when you render. No standard media player is going to like that frame size.

I'm also assuming that you are going to try and key out the green background. If you rendered this movie from another comp then you should have use the Render Cue and the Lossless with Alpha Output Module preset to render a copy of the footage with transparency. That's a lot more professional approach and the quality of the final product will be higher and everything from render time to compositing will take less time.

Your 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines