• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My video keeps glitching in After Effects

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video that keeps glitching. It plays fine when I play it from my files but when I bring it to After Effects it does this glitch and it even makes a glitching sound even when the video has no audio. So far it only happens to this particular video and I don't know what's going on. It's an mp4 file (AVI) I have 32 gig ram with RTX2080.

It holds the frame but you can almost see the video still playing beneath the frame. I purged, I unchecked hardware encoding, and I deleted all caches from Common folder. When I bring it to Premiere, it does the same thing but when I pause and play the playback it turns to normal only to do it again if I run it back. Any solutions? Again, this video plays fine when I play it through my files so I'm thinking the Adobe products are the causes.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MP4 files are extremely complicated. You have a few I-frames, which are really frames, then you have P and B frames which used predicted motion to guess where the pixels are moving. A little hitch anywhere in the file or a piece of faulty data can cause the movie to "glitch" while AE is trying to make sense out of the compression. 

The solution is to drop your file into the Adobe Media Encoder and pick one of the standard Movie presets. Don't render another MP4 but render a visually lossless frame-based file. This will almost always fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines