• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with my Ellipse Tool (dimension issue).

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is my screenshot of the issue I am having.

(it's probably something stupid).

But when I try to input a circle, I get a weird egg shape.  This is after I size it evenly on both the x-axis and the y-axis. 

Thanks,
Moto

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't even have to look. Your comp is setup with non-square pixels. You either customized one of the comp presets or picked one of the NonSquare standard comp sizes like DV-NTSC Wide-Screen. In today's production world the only time anyone would be using non-square settings is when they are working on an Anamorphic production. All of the other non-square formats are not in use by anyone.

Check the comp settings, use one of the Square Pixel presets and the problem will go away. If you really must work with non-square pixels (not recommended at all) then there is a Pixel Aspect Ratio correction switch at the bottom of the Composition Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines