• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need tips on creating a certain animation

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I apologise if this is not the right place to seek this kind of help.

What I would like to do is to morph from the left shape to the right shape:

Annotation 2020-06-21 143040.png

-First, I tried manipulating the anchor points, but the animation ended up looking very bad. Especially with converting the rounded corners to straight ones.
-Then I tried adding a trim path. I trimmed it halfway through and then again, tried manipulating the anchor points but that also didn't look right.

Here is a state in the middle of the morphing animation ( how it's supposed to look like):

Annotation 2020-06-21 145106.png

I don't want to trim the shape all the way down to the red point and then scale another path up. I would like it to actually transform into the other shape.

I would appreciate tips or any kind of help.
Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

By far the simplest solution is to use the blend/expand/release to layers, import as a comp and sequence layers workflow Mylenium described. Here's a quick tutorial from years ago:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would look into using the re-shape effect. 

This link has info: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/distort-effects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would create a blend in Illustrator, expand it and then copy & paste the inbetween shape to separate shape keyframes. You may need to manually create a third inbetween shape, meaning you may have to create two blends in Illustrator, but overall it should be doable this way and not look jittery or anything.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By far the simplest solution is to use the blend/expand/release to layers, import as a comp and sequence layers workflow Mylenium described. Here's a quick tutorial from years ago:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines