New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

Since i don't have the requirement experience in After effects

I want to ask because the guide didn't help me well 

How to do this aura's effect ?

I hope someone help me to get the same results as the two pictures.

 

VideoCapture_20200126-211653.jpg

 

VideoCapture_20200208-222421.jpg

 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Expressions , FAQ , How to , Performance , Preview , Resources , SDK , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same Fractal Noise + Glow technique that I have shown you before with some directional blur added. You just need a copy of the background with a mask to use for the effects you want behind the character. Do some experimenting with various setups. Here are 3 showing all the modifications for the effects.

Screenshot_2020-06-07 19.07.36_XsPz5o.pngScreenshot_2020-06-07 19.10.45_tkApYF.pngScreenshot_2020-06-07 19.16.05_4LAdtN.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick !

What about the first ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same idea, different settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first,Aura color is sometimes blue sometimes white sometimes purple 

How can i achieve that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't mind i want to ask you sth else 

In the first pic there are some forks from the aura how i can do that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are dozens of ways to generate different colors and shapes. Create a shape layer, fill it with a multi-colored gradient, apply fractal noise, experiment with the blend modes and the fractal, and see what you get. Add Colorama to a fractal noise layer and experiment with the different presets and see what you get. For example, this gradient filled shape layer:
Screenshot_2020-06-08 08.55.26_jB5J4D.png

can be turned into this radial pattern using Polar Coordinates.

Screenshot_2020-06-08 08.57.28_QDauU2.png

then by adding Gaussian Blur, Radial blur set to zoom, Fractal noise with a blend mode, and glow makes this cloud background which could be animated for an ever-changing pattern like this,

Screenshot_2020-06-08 09.12.06_kXYsPF.png

But maybe I did not want the bright spot in the middle so I turned off Polar Coordinates.

Screenshot_2020-06-08 09.12.28_9B0KbX.png

There are thousands of combinations of effects that can be used to generate different kinds of glows. Then all you have to do is to add some masking, use blend modes, or use some track mattes to start building up your effect.

A completely different look can be achieved using a radial gradient, Fractal Noise and CC Light burst. 

Screenshot_2020-06-08 09.32.29_ItmfJ6.png

The original image + a mask, duplicated with mask feather applied and used as a track matte and I get this:

Screenshot_2020-06-08 09.46.44_BQqPkS.png

I have shown you everything I did to the layers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much !

You really taught me things that i don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines