• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEW After Effects Support Community - Welcome!!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello & Welcome to the NEW After Effects Support Community!

My name is Colin and I am your community manager responsible for managing this community along with Kevin, Caroline, Rameez, Sumeet and Shivangi. We are super stoked to have you join us in this new support community. 

This community will be a one-stop-shop for all your After Effects questions, answers, educational content, concerns, and even the coveted viritual Hi5!

If you have any questions or comments about this new After Effects community, please feel free to post here... We are listening!

Cheers,

Colin

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

where can we find the former subforums scripting, expressions, SDK?

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Martin!

If you have not found the answer yet, clicking any of the labels on the right side of the main forum page will filter results for AE Expressions, Scripting, and more. 

clipboard_image_0.png

There are no sub-spaces in the new community. AE only has a primary forum with one-click filters for sub-forums such as scripting, expressions, FAQ and more. Just wait for a few seconds after you click on any of those labels.

Hope this helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin

There used to be separate forums, one for the AE SDK, and one for general AE support. Is there any way to filter this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey James! Yes, on the main board page, there are Topic's listed to the right and you can filter for those there. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin, that does help. Is it possible to be able to filter when searching and if not, is it possible adobe can add this? Filtering searches is crucial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin, how can we link to it directly? We forward users to this forums a lot but i don't see how I can link them directly to the Scripting tag, linking them to the main forums will only add to the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was an answer to this posted? I didn't see anything.

It seems like google search results aren't resolving to old threads, they just go to the Forum splash page.

They can be viewed by Google result by looking at "view cached", but is there an actual archive of the old forums somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

how can I change my avatar image? When I click on the avatar image in my profile, I only see the cropping option, but no upload button or whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Martin! Thanks for flagging. This is a known issue and we are working on a fix for this ASAP. Thanks for your continued support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not very impressed so far. The sort is not sticky, posted images are popping up very small. The content does not feel as rich as it did before. A lot of product useful product information like the top left menu in the community home page that started with Overview is missing. I hope the posted images problem and the sorting problem can be resolved quickly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick!

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are definitely woking through some kinks and will continue to update the community for the best user experience on a regular basis. Please continue to share your questions/concerns here and I'll be sure to help and pass along any community feedback!

Thanks!
Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sort and filtering reverting to default every time you read a message and go back to the forum is super annoying. If you're trying to read more than the first few messages it makes it such a chore. I can't believe Adobe would design their user page with such attrocious UX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Gerard.

Can they go back on how It was before ?

Maybe we should a Petition or something ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
This widget could not be displayed.