Highlighted

New Computer - After Effects Crashing after importing first .mov Video

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen turns white, then freezes, then I have to "close program".

I am able to work with text but when I tried importing a video, I can't do anything at all and it freezes within seconds.  I have two weeks to return this computer.  Can anyone please help?  My graphics card driver is most updated.  My windows is updated.  I've reinstalled.  Do I just not have enough RAM?  I may need to return this computer.  Thanks so much!  I appreciate any advice.  

Processor:  AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Ram:   16 gb
Graphics Card:   AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT - 1TB SSD
Windows 10
TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Computer - After Effects Crashing after importing first .mov Video

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen turns white, then freezes, then I have to "close program".

I am able to work with text but when I tried importing a video, I can't do anything at all and it freezes within seconds.  I have two weeks to return this computer.  Can anyone please help?  My graphics card driver is most updated.  My windows is updated.  I've reinstalled.  Do I just not have enough RAM?  I may need to return this computer.  Thanks so much!  I appreciate any advice.  

Processor:  AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Ram:   16 gb
Graphics Card:   AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT - 1TB SSD
Windows 10
TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 31, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi freddam17959310,

Sorry for your issue with After Effects.

It could be a file specific issue. Is it happening with all the files that you import? What's the source of the mov files? Also, do you get any error messages?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0