Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New graphics card?

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running a powerful PC but it's set up for music, so I think I need a better graphics card to run After effects? Could anybody recommend something suitable please....or let me know if it's something else!

My setup is:

Windows 10, Pentium I7-6700k, 32GB DDR4 ram, SSD + 2 other internal drives.

The graphics card is Nvidia Geforce 210 and I'm running 2 screens - one is an ultrwide screen.

I can run anything (Cubase, Photoshop, Animate, etc) but it doesn't want to know with After effects.

After Effects says it's not compatible with my graphics drivers but they're up to date.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Performance , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects uses the GPU to accelerate a number of effects and all the VR stuff. It's not a requirement to have a GPU to actually use AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Ah, thank you for that. I must be experiencing the "popular" incompatible video driver issue then.

AE basically won't run ......and yet I was happily using Animate, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro at the same time yesterday.

I'll investigate more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines