Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No motion blur on shadows

Participant ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are no motion blur on shadows while using camera movements - anybody has an idea what is the problem?

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more details and some screenshots of your comp to understand what is going on.

As first aid: motion blur is enabled for preview?

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what kind of shadows? What's your view resolution? Fast Draft on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked with the new, minimalistic project and it's the same. However this problem occurs with camera moving only - when text layer moves itself both - text and shadows are blurred.

no shadow motion blur.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't duplicate the problem. Here's a simple comp with the modified properties of all layers revealed. The shadow blurs just as it should.

Screenshot_2019-08-15 18.48.33_HkN2Mf.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick Gerard​ This is not the issue - OP wrote himself:

However this problem occurs with camera moving only - when text layer moves itself both - text and shadows are blurred.

poliskey​ make sure that the camera movement will end up in motion blur after all (a fast pan over the scene, for example). Also, activate motion blur for the solid layer - just an idea, but this is the layers where the shadow drops to.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Missed that. I can confirm the bug and I don't have a one-click solution. The only workaround I can think of involves directional blur and some complex expressions that calculate the movement of the camera. The other option is to add a null at the current camera position, Copy all of the camera movement to the null's transform properties, Parent all the 3D layers and lights to the Null, then turn off all camera motion. That's also a complex solution that I can't give a step by step without opening up AE and experimenting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines