Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Preview or Spacebar Play

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just downloaded Adobe After Effects this week to start playing with a tutorial and simple motion graphics. It worked fine until I parented a shape to another shape for the first time. I tried deleting the shapes, soloing each layer, purging cache, updating latest Nvidia Studio Driver, restarting the app and my computer, but the preview window and spacebar no longer want to work in After Effects. Is my computer just not powerful enough to run this software? I have the MSI VR Ready GS43VR Phantom Pro-006 14" Ultra Portable Gaming Laptop GTX 1060 i7-6700HQ 16GB 128GB M.2 SATA + 1TB Windows 10.

When I first opened AE, it told me that my C drive didn't have enough space for cache, so I cleared space. When that didn't work, I saved the cache to the D: drive and the project files to the C: drive. Everything worked fine after that until the parenting, and now the app doesn't preview or spacebar play. Any advice would be very helpful.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall the Adobe programs with sufficient user permissions. This is an issue where for some obscure reason the underlying CC stuff suddenly doesn't connect to the servers and then simply blocks regular stuff by displaying its panels for forever.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mylenium,

Thanks for the advice and explanation. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, but it still has the same exact issue. Any advice?

Thanks!

Chad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines