Highlighted

No text appears after I select create text and camera

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracking camera in AE to place text in frame. When I select a target and right click > select "create text and camera," no text appears.

I'm new to AE and figured this is an easy solution for someone more experienced. Thanks for your help!

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No text appears after I select create text and camera

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracking camera in AE to place text in frame. When I select a target and right click > select "create text and camera," no text appears.

I'm new to AE and figured this is an easy solution for someone more experienced. Thanks for your help!

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are new to AE please spend some time with the User Guide and go through the basics. There's a basic camera tracking tutorial there and this one that has advanced features.

The first thing you should do when using the Track Camera tool is to select Detailed analysis in the Effects Control panel under the Advanced options. It almost always improves the accuracy of the track. Then you should select 3 or more track markers that appear to be on the same plane. It is usually preferable to establish an origin and ground plane at that time. If your shot has a surface that can serve as the origin and ground plane you should add a camera and a solid at that spot using the same trackers you used to establish the surface. This solid will serve as a way to test the solution to make sure you have a good track. If you have a good track then it is time to start adding other solids or text layers by choosing the surface you want to attach the layers too. Once you have attached a layer to a surface you can then fine-tune the position rotation and scale of the layer to make it behave as it should. I never use nulls because they are too hard to see, and I usually set the solids I place as guide layers so they won't render. It is easy to move any new 3D layer into the same position as a layer you added with the camera tracker by simply holding down the shift key and parenting that layer to the target layer.

I hope this helps a bit. If you still can't see a layer that is added to the camera tracker please post a screenshot. Make sure that the 3D Camera Tracker is selected in the Effects Control Panel so we see the tracking markers and that the modified properties of the 3D camera and the layer you added are showing (press uu). That will help us help you more than anything else you can do. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines