Highlighted

Noob Question, how do I edit the child layers when there is only one parent layer controling them?

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bear with me, I'm totally new.

As you can see, this control layer controls many layers... now I want to edit the animation of these layers but the "Control layer" only gives me 3 controls: Flare position, Flare size, and Text size...

And when I go see each one of those layers, there's nothing much in it.. other than some layer styles and stuff. How do I edit the "animation" on each of the child layers?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Noob Question, how do I edit the child layers when there is only one parent layer controling them?

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bear with me, I'm totally new.

As you can see, this control layer controls many layers... now I want to edit the animation of these layers but the "Control layer" only gives me 3 controls: Flare position, Flare size, and Text size...

And when I go see each one of those layers, there's nothing much in it.. other than some layer styles and stuff. How do I edit the "animation" on each of the child layers?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 01, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There appears to be no actual "animation". It's all baked into the footage files bar some color corrections and glow effects. if you were hoping to manipulate the particle effects, then the buzzer goes *ooomph*. This is a no-no. Otherwise all layers will dutiufully appear with their properties editable (as far as available) once you disable thje shyguy icon in the timeline. And please, do read the help on the basics. AE is far from intuitive when it comes to those nasty details.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 0