• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

null and solid layering

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing a video and I created a solid and null object and it says they're attached, but the animation does not happen. In the video someone is using their finger to draw something. I have the null object following his finger, and it's all drawn out, but I want a line to stay on the screen to show the drawing from his finger...does that make sense? Think Disney logo's that they used to draw when they said "I'm Raven Symone from blah blah blah..." and drew the mouse head. I've done it before but it's not working now..any help?!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, no offense, but your post is pretty much useless. It#s at best vague and generic. You're not giving us any actual info about your composition settings, effect(s) and methods used to generate the stroke, tracking procedures, version of AE, system info and so on. Statements along the lines of "it's not working now" are meaningless. We simply can't know what you do now vs. what you may have doen before, if at all.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You either did not parent the right thing to the null, or you didn't use the right kind of expression, or you have some other switch turned off, or you are trying to have the null drag around some kind of brush - which AE won't do with the standard set of effects.

You can turn a motion path into a mask path, then apply Generate/Stroke and animate the start and end of the stroke. You can turn a motion path into a shape layer path and then use Trim Paths to animate the start and end of the line. You cannot turn a motion path or a mask path or a shape layer path into a Paint/Brush path.

So I have no idea at all how you are trying to have a finger draw a line on your frame. Please explain in detail or post a screenshot that shows us everything you have done to your layers by selecting the layers and pressing the u key twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines