Highlighted

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 GPU information not available

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to Preferences/Previews and click on the GPU info button, I get a message saying that the info is not available because the device is too old or is incompatible, which I think is untrue.  Does this mean After Affects and Premeire will not use my GPU at all, or just the the info is not available?  How do I fix this? What are the implications?  I install my Nvidia drivers with the GeForce Experience.  Is that the problem?

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 GPU information not available

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to Preferences/Previews and click on the GPU info button, I get a message saying that the info is not available because the device is too old or is incompatible, which I think is untrue.  Does this mean After Affects and Premeire will not use my GPU at all, or just the the info is not available?  How do I fix this? What are the implications?  I install my Nvidia drivers with the GeForce Experience.  Is that the problem?

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi healthedsamurai,

Sorry for your issue.

What's the exact version of After Effects you're using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

Could you share a screenshot of the message that you get? Also, do you see the warning about GPU in the System Compatibility Report (Go to Help > System Compatibility Report)? If so, click the Export Report and share the report with us.

SCR Ae screenshot.png

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines