Highlighted

NVidia GTX 1080Ti works with Premiere but not with After Effects

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new, Win10, 64bit PC with up to date drivers, equipped with NVidia GForce 1080 Ti.

When rendering videos with Adobe Premiere Pro 2020, everthing runs smoothly with GPU used up to its limits, but I am strugling to make GPU work in Adobe After Effects 2020. Here, in video preview, there is no engagement of GPU and during rendering I see the GPU is not in use at all as well.

Is there any possibility to make GTX 1080Ti working with Adobe After Effects 2020? I have been sifting through online materials for a long hours and tried a lot, but without any success.

Can anyone help? 

Thanks, Janouskova

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

NVidia GTX 1080Ti works with Premiere but not with After Effects

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new, Win10, 64bit PC with up to date drivers, equipped with NVidia GForce 1080 Ti.

When rendering videos with Adobe Premiere Pro 2020, everthing runs smoothly with GPU used up to its limits, but I am strugling to make GPU work in Adobe After Effects 2020. Here, in video preview, there is no engagement of GPU and during rendering I see the GPU is not in use at all as well.

Is there any possibility to make GTX 1080Ti working with Adobe After Effects 2020? I have been sifting through online materials for a long hours and tried a lot, but without any success.

Can anyone help? 

Thanks, Janouskova

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the setting of File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects? You choose "Mercury GPU Acceleration(CUDA)".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only a few effects are GPU accelerated in AE - the most rendering work is still done by CPU.

On my last rendering I had a contant 10% usage of my GTX1080 and what's the highest I have ever seen in the last five years.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines