Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects Connected to Null Don't Match Bounding Box

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

I'm trying to make a responsive call-out motion graphic with three null objects and two solids with beam effects in place as seen in this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tma3nKn0axg . 

The effect works fine however, the bounding boxes for the null don't match the point where the beam is connected. I've tried adjusting the anchor points for both the null objects and solids but neither had any luck. Here's a setup of my workspace: 

Link to video of my issue: https://youtu.be/I-ZPzcpjLjE

As you can see, the starting and endpoint of both beams, which are linked through an expresion to one or more null objects, are nowhere near their parented layers bounding boxes.

Any help with fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using Adobe CC 2019

Uploaded by Jelani Byrd on 2020-10-20.
TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Hard to tell from what you've shown but I would take a guess that the Solid the Beam Effects are applied to are not large enough. Setting them to Comp Size and ensure you set Layer>Transform props to default values.

Also, you may want to use the Create Nulls from Path script to create your lines. It's a lot quicker to set up customizable lines such as the ones used in a Callout.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to tell from what you've shown but I would take a guess that the Solid the Beam Effects are applied to are not large enough. Setting them to Comp Size and ensure you set Layer>Transform props to default values.

Also, you may want to use the Create Nulls from Path script to create your lines. It's a lot quicker to set up customizable lines such as the ones used in a Callout.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were totally right! It had something to do with the solid's size and placement. I must have moved it at some point and didn't notice. Now everything is matching up. 

How do I create nulls from the path using a script? I've never heard of that before.

THANKS!! XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This tutorial covers the feature, albeit in a long-winded manner - https://youtu.be/wt1-A0EYvao

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines