• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects outside boundaries of pre-comp appear in main comp

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is a very strange issue, can't figure out whats wrong. I have a pre-comp that contains an AI image which changes position to move outside the composition boundaries (see image 1). When looking at it in my main comp though, it shows the object even when it's outside the pre-comps boundaries and should really not be visible (see image 2). Can anyone give me a hint please as to what I am doing wrong or missing? Thanks so much...

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing strange about it. You messed it up. The "Front" view is not your render view. It's just and auxiliary view for working. Switch to "Active Camera"! Only actual camera views will render.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I just got a different reply from my Udemy instructor (I had posted this issue there as well). The issue was not the Active Camera, but that "continuous rasterize" was switched on for the pre-comp. After removing that, the issue was resolved. Thank you though @Mylenium for your quick response, I will keep that in mind as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mylenium is right. The Front view will never render. If you are seeing beyond the layer boundaries then Collapse transformations are turned on. The only reason to ever look at the front view, or anything other than the Active Camera view is to help you line up 3D layers. If all the layers are 2D then there is no advantage to any custom view and adding a single 2D layer to a timeline with 3D layers will make the 2D layers disappear in all but the Active Camera view.

Also, cropped screenshots that don't show the entire UI are almost completely useless in diagnosing problems. We don't know anything about your layers or where they are positioned, or your workflow. Uploaded screenshots are difficult to see, impossible to see on a lot of mobile devices, and a waste of time. Just use the toolbar to upload your screenshots, and when you have problems with a layer, select the layer, press 'uu' to show us everything you modified on the layer, and we can help you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines