Highlighted

OpenGL Render much slower than normal render

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe AE CS 5.5

I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 quite a while back. This is the first time I've used AE after the upgrade and something is terribly wrong. OpenGL Render is now much slower than normal render, while it used to be about 5 times faster...

That's really all the info I have. So what should I check? Where to start troubleshooting?

Topics

Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

OpenGL Render much slower than normal render

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe AE CS 5.5

I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 quite a while back. This is the first time I've used AE after the upgrade and something is terribly wrong. OpenGL Render is now much slower than normal render, while it used to be about 5 times faster...

That's really all the info I have. So what should I check? Where to start troubleshooting?

Topics

Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual applies - check your system's graphics driver. The rest is simply too generic and imprecise to make sense of it. You may not like it, but just telling us "that's all the info I have" is pretty much useless when exact system info and details about your configuration and settings would be required. I'm not even sure what you mean by OpenGL usage. CS 5.5's fast draft was even more limited than the one in current versions, so the differences should be at best minor.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When rendering a composition, AE CS5.5 has an option to use the OpenGL Renderer. This used to speed up render times by a factor 5 or so. Now it's even slower than CPU rendering.

opengl.png

What other info do you need? Nothing has changed to my system's setup other than that I switched from Win7 to Win10. I have an NVidia GTX 670 video card (with the latest drivers). 16GB of RAM. i7 4790K CPU. No settings have been changed in AE. I have no idea where to start troubleshooting. Which is why I asked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, AE thinks there's no OpenGL compatible graphics card installed:

opengl2.png

Which is weird because OpenGL is available:

opengl3.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's even stranger is that when I run the GPU sniffer, it does find my graphics card and although the OpenGL version is actually 4.6, it does find a compatible OpenGL version.

opengl4.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
djcliffp LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooo... Nobody?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0