• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Out of memory error but not out of memory

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read all the out of memory errors and don't see anything related to rendering H.265, so thought I woold ask. Getting an out of memory error from AE when trying to render out Adobe Media Encoder as H.265 (but you knew that ;-)) The project is one hour long - a 4K (3840 x 2160) animaiton with no audio. The sequence originated in PP and was sent over via A Dynamic Link, but PP is now closed and no longer needed (just to give you the back story). Anyway, 32 GB memery wth no reports of any issues from the O/S.  Any suggestions? Project is due tomorrow.  Thanks for any insights. 

Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Out of memory.

Failed to create encoder.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you check and change "RAM reserved for other applications:" in Edit > Preferences > Memory.

One more thing I would suggest is to use a third-party tool called Render Garden. You can use it for free for 7 days after you install it.

https://www.mekajiki.com/rendergarden/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without any actual system information we can't tell you much. Contrary to public perception memory errors rarely ever mean that you are actually running out. They are simply memory leaks in drivers, CoDecs and so on. Therefore the pertinent first thing to do would be to check your hardware acceleration settings, graphics driver, audio driver and so on, including updating potentially outdated drivers.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines