Highlighted

Output a Text Shot List from After Effects or Premiere

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fully edited video. I want to sit down with my boss and go through all the shots looking for ones to keep and ones to update. Is there a way to output a text shot list of all the clips in order?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Output a Text Shot List from After Effects or Premiere

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fully edited video. I want to sit down with my boss and go through all the shots looking for ones to keep and ones to update. Is there a way to output a text shot list of all the clips in order?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of an AE tool that exactly does this, but you could start by using the Collect project feature to at least generate a basic report. Similarly, Premiere can export EDLs and project info to various formats, including basic CSV and XML files. For everything else you might want to check around on sites like AEScripts.com and see if you can find something that helps you just as well as possibly getting in touch with script developers.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I was hoping there would be something linked to maybe the Workflow option. Some older NLE programs had the choice of looking at the timeline as a vertical text list as well as a horizontal interactive graphic, but I can't find an option for that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naming and numbering shots are usually something that you do when you start setting up your file structure. Mine starts with the call sheet. My production bible uses the same format and filing system that I have used since I started working on documentaries and feature films in 1970. It is modeled on the standard Hollywood system that is over 100 years old. It's basically production/date/scene/shot/take placed in folders or bins created that are also numbered with the date, production, and project name. 

There are several software solutions to help organize and keep track of your assets, but Premiere Pro and After Effects do not have that feature included.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0