• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output colors problem

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello creative people, no matter how I try all kinds of adjustments, the colors of my animations are always bland compared to what I see on the screen in after effect. Here is an example, on the left what I see in ae, on the right the result after encoding. How do you fix the problem? (i already try to play with profiles colors)
Thanks.
Christophe
exemple.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Precision: in media encoder, the colors are ok in the output window, it is once the mp4 is generated that the colors change. It is the same with AE renderer. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: Color management (or more specifically the lack of same) vs. a custom monitor profile. You will need to educate yourself on how to use this stuff at least for the comp preview in AE in the online help or even better yet, work up a full understanding of the process. In reverse, you could completely turn off monitor profile usage at the system level and then see if it makes a difference.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ! i get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try exporting to a container and codec that is not as compressive as MP4 with an H.264 codec, for example a QuickTime with an Animation or Apple ProRes HQ codec if it is not for social networks. The MP4 attacks colors a lot in its compression dynamics and there is usually a whitish result. Also try Mylenium's suggestion and if it doesn't work for you, try messing around with a little saturation and contrast boost before exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took note of your comments thank you very much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines