Highlighted

Output Module Template for each project

New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, guys, I've been working on several projects and when I need to export them I have to choose a different output module for each one.

I've been thinking if it's possible I have one kind of module associated with each project. Exemple: Project 1 always export Lossless. Project 2 always export ProRess 422, etc. I want to do this without choosing every time what kind of exporting I need. Is there a way of doing it?

Topics

FAQ, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Output Module Template for each project

New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, guys, I've been working on several projects and when I need to export them I have to choose a different output module for each one.

I've been thinking if it's possible I have one kind of module associated with each project. Exemple: Project 1 always export Lossless. Project 2 always export ProRess 422, etc. I want to do this without choosing every time what kind of exporting I need. Is there a way of doing it?

Topics

FAQ, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The output module template only has one default preset for Movie. I have edited my Output Module templates (edit menu) and removed most of the standard presets that come with AE like DV NTSC, and created my own set that matches my clients needs so all I have to do is pick a new default for Movie when I change clients. 

If the comps have already been added to the Render Cue and rendered, then if you duplicate the comp in the render cue again the output module settings should stay the same. 

Other than that suggestion I would look for a script. I'm not sure that you can script output module settings but if it is possible at all, it will be in scripting. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The output templates themselves are not project data, but as Rick suggested it may be worth spending some time creating custom templates for quick access and then just leave a dummy entry lingering on the render queue panel that can easily be duplicated every time the project needs to be re-rendered.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines