• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

page folding calendar

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have to create a 2D version of a small commerical, and i'm having trouble making the pages fold freely like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuOfjyLrKac&t=3s. How can i make this happen? I know there is a "turn page" effect o sg like that, but that doesn't translate to 3D, and altough i have to make a 2D version, I have to make it in ae so yeah it's technically a more simpler 3D.  

Thank you, for the answers.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really much to do if you need it to be realistic and respond to the camera. You'd still have to use a 3D program.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set up the page turn using shape layers for the pages and just leave them flat, add your lights and camera, then export the comp as a Maxon C4D file. You can then add the C4D file to your project, add it to the timeline, and use Cineware to launch C4D Lite and animate the page turn there. The pages can e textured, bent, and the result will perfectly any camera moves you have in your AE comp. It's a bit complex, but everything you describe or show in the video can be done with C4D Lite if you just start with shape layers that are in the shape of the 3D objects you want to animate.

Check out this thread from a while ago: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/anchor-point-for-a-3d-object/m-p/10200460?page=1#M73738

At the bottom is an animated gif showing a simple cube project exported and animated in C4D Lite. You can see the first pane, the red panel, fall slowly to the ground and bend as if it were made of rubber at the end of the animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you Rick!

Im always fascinated by adobe forum users.

Best Regards, Matias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines