Highlighted

Page turn - peel back?

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking of a sticker with a paper backing. I would like to animate the paper backing peeling backward. The page turn effect is the perfect thing, except it is a peeling forward effect (towards the viewer). Is there a way to have this effect peeling backward (away from the viewer)?

Thanks for any help.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Page turn - peel back?

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking of a sticker with a paper backing. I would like to animate the paper backing peeling backward. The page turn effect is the perfect thing, except it is a peeling forward effect (towards the viewer). Is there a way to have this effect peeling backward (away from the viewer)?

Thanks for any help.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting the paper color slightly darker than the front color will give the impression that the peel is moving away from the camera. Two layers will help:

Screenshot_2020-05-04 23.34.14_bIX5O0.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Your two-layer suggestion got me to the right place: On the top layer, choose Render: Front Page. Top and bottom layers have the same Fold Position keyframes.

I couldn't fully figure out your example. Is your Back Opacity less than 100%? Does it only work with a circle? I'm using a rectangle.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see everything I did to the back copy. I chose a circle because it was easier to see the curve. It's the color that makes you think the curl is moving back. If the circle was darker than the back it would look like it is bending the opposite way. Page Peel is not a 3D effect, it is a 2D simulation of a 3D effect and it is pulled off by the color difference and the direction of the lighting effect.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines