Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

paint and masks get corrupted when I go to export

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I did some effects on this clip using the paint tool and the rotobrush. Basically I used the rotobrush to isolate a video of a girl walking and then used the paint tool to color the background behind her, giving it a cartoony effect. I've spent a lot of time animating this but when I went to export the paint is flashing in and out and the mask I put on the girl also cuts in and out. It runs completely fine in my timeline and all of my masks are correct, so I'm not sure why it messes up when I try and export. Does anyone have any ideas. I'm more than happy to share the after effects file with you so you can see what i'm talking about or try to trouble shoot it yourself.

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

It sounds like you did not Freeze your Rotobrush. Make sure you go through some good tutorials on the Rotobrush tool. It is not at all intuitive and it must be frozen before you render or the results can be unpredictable and the render will take a lot longer than it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you did not Freeze your Rotobrush. Make sure you go through some good tutorials on the Rotobrush tool. It is not at all intuitive and it must be frozen before you render or the results can be unpredictable and the render will take a lot longer than it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick, my man. You are my absolute savior I went through and froze the rotobrush and my problem is gone. You are a certified beauty, I really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines