• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Painting in after affects

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there is a way for me to paint an a solid while being about to see the vidoe, casue when ever i want to paint on the solid i cant see the vidoe so i dont know what is happening in that current time where im painting.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicate your video layer, paint on the video. If you need to you can then select the original video as the source layer and turn on Paint on Transparent, or you can create a new solid so you have one in the Project Panel, select the painted on video layer and then select the solid in the Project Panel, hold down the Alt/Option key and drag the solid to the timeline. This will replace the video with a solid layer. 

Painting, Rotobrush, Clone, Motion Tracking, and a few other things only work in the Layer Panel and the Layer Panel will only display one layer at a time. If you want to paint on a layer, it must be visible.

I hope this clears things up. If you type "Paint" in the Search Help field at the top right corner of AE you will find links to more information in the online manual and links to better tutorials than you will find using Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes this has helped me a lot thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines