Paragraph Align Property in Essential Graphics Window

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making motion graphics templates to be used in Premiere but I can't find any way to add the paragraph align property to the essential graphics tab where I can control it in premiere. I've seen samples online of a drop down menu that allows you to choose "left, centre or right justified". I can't figure out how to get that dropbown menu - or anything else to allow me to control the alignment.

TOPICS
Dynamic link, Expressions, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Paragraph Align Property in Essential Graphics Window

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making motion graphics templates to be used in Premiere but I can't find any way to add the paragraph align property to the essential graphics tab where I can control it in premiere. I've seen samples online of a drop down menu that allows you to choose "left, centre or right justified". I can't figure out how to get that dropbown menu - or anything else to allow me to control the alignment.

TOPICS
Dynamic link, Expressions, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'left', 'right' 'centered' paragraph drop menu adjustments you see are very likely working with a single-line text later. It's alignment but only for a single line since AFAIK you can't change paragraph alignments automatically, via Expressions without a whole bunch of code.

Auto paragarph alignment is a huge miss cos it solves a lot of problems for developers.

Another option is to link a single sourceText property to different text layers, each with a different paragraph alignment. Then, depending on which alignment is chosen by the user, the correct/selected sourceText will be displayed. The downside to this is that you won't be able to change fonts. NOW, this is where it gets interesting - using the newly released font style Expressions, it seems to be possible to change alignment quite elegantly and yet be able to select fonts. The downside is it gets messy if you're developing for public access instead of a single organization, since for the latter, you will want to provide as many font options as possible.

My goto option for now is to use multiple Line Space Text Animator Properties so users can make x-position changes on a line by line basis in order to mimic a paragraph alignment change - use the x dimension of Line Space to change a line's x-position. Hope this makes sense.

Digital-First Brand Guidelines | Responsive Design Solutions Development | Consulting | Training

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 2
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Roland!

I think I'll take a whack at adding the position property to the source text so the user and control the x-position to mimic text alignment. 

I appreciate your help! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0