• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parent Pick Whip has replaced all layer attributes

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a weird issue that I can't seem to resolve.

As seen in attached screenshot, I no longer have access to the paremeters for any attributes at all. They have been replaced by a property pick whip. This is the case whatever project I am in, and it happens with any layer of any kind. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling After Effects but it didn't solve it. 

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 17.43.31.png

It's all very irritating. I need for the attributes and paremeters of a layer to behave as they usually would. (i.e. that you can edit the values rather than have a useless pick whip)

Have I somehow changed a setting somewhere accidently that is causing this? If so, why did the setting persist even after I reinstalled the software? 

I'd really appreciate any help as I'm having to use the graph editor as a workaround way of having any control over the various attributes of a layer - which is obviously ridiculous. 

Many Thanks,

Adam

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Right-click on the timeline column headings and reveal the AV column.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the timeline column headings and reveal the AV column.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your speedy response! Solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are 3 icons at the bottom left corner of the Timeline. The first is the switch for the Switches column. The second is for Modes (Transfer Column), the third is for In/Out/Duration/Stretch column. Holding down the Shift key and pressing F4 will toggle the Parent/Links column. 

The Parent/Links column only displayed Pickwhips for parenting for a long time. Now it displays a Pickwhip for any property that can be animated that is showing in the timeline. It is a great time saver for starting or writing expressions. I use the keyboard shortcuts and the column switches at the bottom of the timeline all the time. My workspace constantly changes depending on what I am doing. 

I have also edited the workspace list in the ToolBar so that Default, Color, Effects, Paint, Motion Tracking, and Essential Graphis are always showing because I use the different workspaces every time I switch tasks - because it saves time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines