Highlighted

Parenting layers

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I link the layers so If I move layer 2 layer one also moves because I am not able to get the parent and children link - I Am confused what to do

TOPICS
Dynamic link, Error or problem, FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Parenting layers

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I link the layers so If I move layer 2 layer one also moves because I am not able to get the parent and children link - I Am confused what to do

TOPICS
Dynamic link, Error or problem, FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press Shift + F4 or go to the columns menu by right-clicking in the columns link and choosing Link/Parent. You should then be able to link layers. 

If you are still having problems we need to see a screenshot with the modified properties of all problem layers revealed. Select the layers, press 'uu', then embed the full UI screenshot using the toolbar so we can see what is going on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this 

Nov-16-2020 10-11-19.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Creative Cloud App/All apps and click on the three little dots to the right of After Effects and select Learn. Check out the Animating Essentials course and look for Gain control with parenting. It's about the fourth tutorial in the series. 

Spend some time there or in the Go to Discover section of Creative Cloud for any CC app, or open up the Learn workspace in After Effects to learn the basic workflows. You should also spend some serious time with the User Guide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0