Highlighted

Particle playground 'Affects' not working

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple Particle Playground setup where cannon shoots out particles and it breaks into more particles using 'Particle Exploder.' And I want Particle Exploder only affects the 'Cannon' particles so I change 'Affects: Particles from' to 'Cannon.' But as soon as I do that, the effect is gone which I believe it should still affect the particles. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 2.04.53 AM.png

Is this a bug?

Garin

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Particle playground 'Affects' not working

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple Particle Playground setup where cannon shoots out particles and it breaks into more particles using 'Particle Exploder.' And I want Particle Exploder only affects the 'Cannon' particles so I change 'Affects: Particles from' to 'Cannon.' But as soon as I do that, the effect is gone which I believe it should still affect the particles. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 2.04.53 AM.png

Is this a bug?

Garin

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a bug, but the effect is so poorly documented people run into these traps all the time. The basic drill is that you will always need a property or selector map to make this work, even if the map itself is just a black solid and actuall won't affect anything. It is however necessary to get a correct evaluation by setting a base value for these things.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you enlighten me a bit more?

so after i read your reply I created a white solid that covers the entire screen and precomped it and set Selection Map to the layer but still no luck.

thanks in advance,

Garin 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0