Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Particles in 2d

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to create the most simple particle effect: custom particles (all the same) coming from the left side of the screen and going to the right side of the screen. In 2d. So they are the same size when they appear, same size when they disapear. They all have same constant speed, same lateral movement, they dont rotate, dont fade, nothing. I tried to do it with particle world, but no matter what I do, what setting I seem to change, some of the particles are just a bit faster than other ones. 

So I have done it with particle world (thats the only particle system that allows custom particles?), but just some of the particles are for a fraction faster than other ones and I cant figure out why.

Is it because particle world is meant for 3d particles and the axis directios are different? But no matter how I try to change the settings there Im failing. Should I use another particle system?

Thank you for any help or suggestion. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, short and to the point: You are working against how those particle systems are even meant to operate. This will never work. At best I would imagine you could create something with Particle Playground, but understanding property maps and gradients is its own art. Therefore you may look into other options like using Card Dance or commercial plug-ins like Trapcode Form where you can push around a static particle field. Other than that there may be ways to animate your stuff easily with expressions or scripts without using any effects at all, but that may require lots of extra work when dealing with lots of layers...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines