Highlighted

Particular : animating the inside streaks of light streak

New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

so ive created streak lights with particular, while the streak light moves along the path, the inner lines between the small gaps, are motionless

how can i animate them as well ? 

3.JPG

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Particular : animating the inside streaks of light streak

New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

so ive created streak lights with particular, while the streak light moves along the path, the inner lines between the small gaps, are motionless

how can i animate them as well ? 

3.JPG

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try introducing some turbulence. Without something happening to the physics  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Gerard, Turubelence does animate the lines but it curves them I want to keep their original form but make them cross each other constantly

Capture.JPG

, if for example the the light streak was straight to one direction only, i would  add fractal noise layer with changing evolution (with max height and min width ) and then would use luma matte for light streak layer, but my streak light is curved

i did try to curve the fractal noise layer with puppel tool, but it look messy and the resulut is not clean

i thought also maybe i can duplicate the light stroke, change random seed for the second one... make a loop transition with opacity from one light streak to another, but this solution will give an amauture look 

any other ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how you created the movement in the emitter. When you need help with any layer or effect you should select the layer, press the U key twice to reveal all of the properties you modified in the layer, and then embed the whole screenshot in the forum so we have some idea of your workflow. 

Baring a detailed workflow description I can only assume that you probably used a light as an emitter. If you want the position of the particles to change over time then you need to change some of the physics properties. If you want to create some kind of random motion in the emitter so the particle streams wrap around each other then you need to animate the rotation or size or direction of the emitter. 

This screenshot shows everything I did to create a climbing spiral of particles. Set a spotlight as an emitter, parented the spotlight to a null that rotates and moves up, animated z distance of the spotlight from the null, then modified the Emitter Properties and changed the life of the particles so they would not die. 

Screenshot_2020-05-27 16.25.21_dKD2kH.png

Show me a screenshot that shows how you created the particles in your comp and I can give you some on other controls you might want to experiment with. You may just need to animate the rotation of the emitter. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 0