• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Particular doesn't update life span or colour

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest after effects, I have a problem with trapcode particular not updating when I change lifespan or colour, and any other attributes. I didn't get this error with previous adobe after effects. The solution I have at the moment is to close after effects and then re-open it, this is a pain though.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Hej, its a bug. But you can fix it by clicking the "options" button in the top of the particular effects panel. this will open a pop up, close that and then it should behave properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Edit > Purge > All memory and disk cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply, but this purge all memory and disk cache is greyed out for me? Is this an admin privilege or is there someway of fixing this in ae?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work colleague tried it as she has no admin lock out issues and the purge all memory and disk cache didn't work...any other possible solutions?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably grayed out because you don't have anything to purge. It's not an admin privilege.

Don't know if it helps but sometimes it did work for me: trying to slightly change the particle emission number or the random seed, should force the plugin to recalculate. Try that.

Anyway,  what plugin version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what, exact, version number of AE? (There have been a number of cases recently where the CC app said everything was up to date when it wasn't.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE Version 14.1.0.57

Trapcode v2.2.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update your Trapcode plugins with the new versions. Particular is on version 2.6 now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey IanR,

Did updating your plug-ins get you back up and running? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej, its a bug. But you can fix it by clicking the "options" button in the top of the particular effects panel. this will open a pop up, close that and then it should behave properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, thank you lot. it did work. you are great.wow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS MAN!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOVE FROM INDIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't seem to find the "options" button in the latest version. Thanks!Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 8.46.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have the same issue now with your exact panel. Did you find a solution? 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im new to AE and to everything sort of. I have worked just a bit now and then with AE. I had the same issue, but it would not show 'Color over Life' panel at all. I just figured out that it will only show in the Effects Control panel and NOT in the layers panel. I was freaking out, search for more than a hour to find a solution...    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines