Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pattern on background and animation

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks,

I need a little help: I would like to create the animation of the first few seconds of the video, ie the hexagons that light up randomly and use a background just like the one used in the video.
Is it possible to achieve everything using only AE or is it necessary to go through AI?

The BG is a simple pattern made by AI and Ps? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1ZQmY5H0Dc 

Thnx everybody

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

There's a hex grid creation script on AEScripts.com that covers all your needs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

The grid is pretty easy. All it takes is two copies of a hexagon shape, two instances of Trim Paths, Group the pair of hexagons, then apply repeater twice. This took less than 5 minutes.

Screenshot_2020-08-15 01.06.02_s0QeCj.png

Getting the random fill is a little more difficult. I'll have to think about that one for a minute.

Or, as Mylenium suggested - AE Scripts.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create such a pattern with AE shape layers, but I would always use AI for such, because dealing with paths is a bit of a pain in AE.

In AI, create one hexagon and use transformation effect to place a copy next to it. Then repeat the effect use (CTRL + T, I think, but not sure), to create a row. Group the row and repeat.

In AE, create one hex with shape layer, duplicate it ,  use expression on position to place it. Duplicate more (now with expression code) to create a row. Pre-Comp the row and repeat.

Or find the background as image online somewhere. Create the hexacon as fill and place it randomly with fadeing animation.

There are many ways ...

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a hex grid creation script on AEScripts.com that covers all your needs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The grid is pretty easy. All it takes is two copies of a hexagon shape, two instances of Trim Paths, Group the pair of hexagons, then apply repeater twice. This took less than 5 minutes.

Screenshot_2020-08-15 01.06.02_s0QeCj.png

Getting the random fill is a little more difficult. I'll have to think about that one for a minute.

Or, as Mylenium suggested - AE Scripts.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thnx to everybody...

I immediately start to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines