Pen Tool autocompleting mask on first click

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've run into this a number of times and I haven't been able to narrow down the issue.

Essentially, I'm attempting to use the pen tool to add a mask to a layer from the composition window. On first click, the pen tool creates two vertices on top of each other and completes the mask. When I try to click on the next point I want my new vertex to exist at on the mask, I get the "pen tool add vertex" icon. This tips me off to the weirdly completed mask that was just created.

I am able to create masks inside the layer window, but for me, it is easier to just do them inside the comp window.

This is a consistent problem I've run into, but it doesn't happen on all of my projects, only randomly.

I am running Windows 10 and the latest version of AE (and have had this issue on previous AE installations too).

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If possible, make a video capture and upload the link to see better what is happening with your mask and pen tool. Your explanation is clear, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more