• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen tool offset

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pen tool in After Effects doesn't directly correspond with my mouse. (My tablet is at work and during this pandemic I don't have access to it). I've tried resetting the preferences, shutting down- nothing seems to work. When I create a mask pen point on the vertical side of object it works, but when I try to go around the top and bottom of the object the point is completely off. Any help is greatly appreciated. I've used every keyword in a search for a solution but came up empty.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide some additional info about your system and setup?
Any chance you're using a non-standard scaling on your screen? 
I assume you're not seeing this offset behavior with the mouse in other applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 12.25.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-07 at 12.40.49 PM.png

Do these screenshots provide the info you need?

Any chance you're using a non-standard scaling on your screen? No, and I tried changing the display settings but no dice
I assume you're not seeing this offset behavior with the mouse in other applications? No, the pen tool in Photoshop  works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Have you tried resetting your preferences to see if that has any effect?

Press Command+Option+Shift while the app is starting. You'll see a little dialogue box confirming whether you want to reset your prefs to the defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as mentioned in my original post I tried resetting the preferences, and I did this by pressing the command+option+shift while program was starting .. Any other suggestions would be so appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops! Sorry about that. I was flipping around between a couple different threads and overlooked that.
I have to say that I haven't seen this before, and don't have a lot of other ideas on this. Hopefully one of the Adobe folks may have a better answer for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it sounds like a System mapping issue. Do you have a Wacom tablet attached? I assume you do as you mention your pen? If so, check that the mapping is set to 1:1. You can do this in the Wacom Control panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pen tool I referred to is the pen in the tool palette. As mentioned in my post I am using a mouse because I can't access my tablet these pandemic days : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a 'no-reply' email from Adobe with the subject heading "Did you get the answer you needed?" lol

No, Adobe, I did not. It still remains a mystery why masking is offset in After Effects, whether I'm using a mouse or my tablet (I've since retrieved my intuous pen from work), but works in Photoshop. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue also. My shapes won't scale proportionally either with the shift key, I suspect the problems are related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines