Highlighted

Persistent false-alarm about lack of space for disc cache.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I launch After Effects I get a warning about not having enough space for the disc cache, even though I have a 2TB HD with more than 1TB of unused space, and 2000GB allowed for the disc cache. Could anyone advise me as to what's going on, and anything I may need to do differently?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 11.57.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 11.58.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 11.59.12 AM.png

   

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Persistent false-alarm about lack of space for disc cache.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I launch After Effects I get a warning about not having enough space for the disc cache, even though I have a 2TB HD with more than 1TB of unused space, and 2000GB allowed for the disc cache. Could anyone advise me as to what's going on, and anything I may need to do differently?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 11.57.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 11.58.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 11.59.12 AM.png

   

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be the typical user permissions issues that plague recent versions of OS X and prevent Adobe apps from accessing some folders or worse yet file system level stuff. A File --> Info on the respective Library folders might be enlightening as may an excursion to your disk utility.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @Mylenium,

You have to forgive me, I don't have a depth of technical knowledge regarding these kinds of issues, so I may be doing an ineffectually literal version of interpreting your advice.

So I went into all of the folders and enabled all permissions to everyone (I'm the only person using this laptop, so hopefully that's a safe thing to do.

No difference in the results, unless I need to restart my computer.

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 12.57.44 PM.png

 I also took a look with Disc Utility, but I don't have any idea how to interpret the data or if it suggests anything actionable to do.

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 12.58.28 PM.png

Is there anything else I should do? 

Or perhaps, at the end of the day, should I just ignore the warnings when launching After Effects and get on with my work?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0