Highlighted

Please Change Default Colour Depth to 16bpc

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am just wondering if you would consider changing the default bit depth of new after effects projects to be 16bpc and all output modules to default to trillions of colours where possible.

As a colourist, I get so many comps from after effects artists who don't know/don't change this which need to get rendered and re-sent.

I understand there is a slight performance penalty, but I believe 99% of users would not mind this in order to prevent banding and other 8 bit issues. Happy to hear other opinions.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Please Change Default Colour Depth to 16bpc

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am just wondering if you would consider changing the default bit depth of new after effects projects to be 16bpc and all output modules to default to trillions of colours where possible.

As a colourist, I get so many comps from after effects artists who don't know/don't change this which need to get rendered and re-sent.

I understand there is a slight performance penalty, but I believe 99% of users would not mind this in order to prevent banding and other 8 bit issues. Happy to hear other opinions.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting a new project always remembers the last color depth settings. There's no default, just the last setting used. The same things can be said for a new composition. The duration frame rate and frame size are all remembered the next time you create a new composition.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0
mattfezz LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, thanks Rick, but on a fresh install it defaults to 8bpc 30fps does it not?  Would be great if that was 16bpc instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0