Highlighted

Please Help, i believe some of my frames are lasting two seconds when they arent supposed to

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a beginner at after effects, and pretty much what I've been doing is following glow edit tutorials on youtube. the last time i tried doing a project like this, the frames would glitch out like this exact problem, and i gave up last time. Basically what i think is happening is, i may be accidentally clicking something or a glitch is happening, but my paint strokes would last one extra frame. Please help me fix this, I've attached a imgur on each individual frame. the blue is supposed to be tracing the vans box, but the previous's frame's stroke lasts two frames which i didnt do, making the picture not what it looked before, and not what i want it to look. I'm a mere beginner at after effects, thanks for helping.
https://imgur.com/a/UirIhPk

Topics

Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Please Help, i believe some of my frames are lasting two seconds when they arent supposed to

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a beginner at after effects, and pretty much what I've been doing is following glow edit tutorials on youtube. the last time i tried doing a project like this, the frames would glitch out like this exact problem, and i gave up last time. Basically what i think is happening is, i may be accidentally clicking something or a glitch is happening, but my paint strokes would last one extra frame. Please help me fix this, I've attached a imgur on each individual frame. the blue is supposed to be tracing the vans box, but the previous's frame's stroke lasts two frames which i didnt do, making the picture not what it looked before, and not what i want it to look. I'm a mere beginner at after effects, thanks for helping.
https://imgur.com/a/UirIhPk

Topics

Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots that are cropped don't tell us anything at all about your project. Try this. Select the layer that is giving you problems, press the U key twice to show us everything that has been changed on the layer, post a full UI screenshot by using the Insert Image icon (5 from the left) at the top of this forum., and then maybe we will have some kind of idea about what is going on. 

The most likely cause of 2 frames per paint stroke is the setting in the Paint panel. You can clearly see how long the paint stokes last by just selecting the layer and pressing the U key twice. It's also a really good idea to use the default Paint workspace when you are using the paint, clone, or rotobrush tools.

Screenshot_2020-03-31 18.50.28_Xo68n1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another glitched part of my video, and since ive done over 8000+ strokes and effects, i couldn't scroll down to isolate the correct it because my computer just would not let me. What i had to do is search up the effect and guess which number it was, once i found the exact stroke, i realized that the stroke lasted for 3 frames, instead of the original one that i put. my paint duration is on single-frame only, so i have no idea why some durations are changing now.adobehelphoto.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's no glitch, it is a limitation of the display. 8000 strokes on a single layer is a bit much. Looks like your comp is 52 seconds long. That is an eternity in a movie. Even if the movie has to be a single shot that is that long you should break it up into segments that are five to ten seconds long and then edit those comps together in a master comp. That would give you sections that were a lot more manageable. 

I see you already know how to use search. If there are 8000 layers and you want to see all layers from 3000 to 3100 typing 30 will give you every layer with a 30 in it. You'll have some 2 digit numbers, some 3 digit numbers and then 3000 throuth 3099. Your display will be easily handle that many lines. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines