• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PLEASE HELP!!! Masking

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i want the text to appear like they are going inside the ovals. How do i do it?????

please help, its for a paid gig and i am running out of time

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of ways to do this. I think the Track Matte route is the easiest to deploy.

1) Start off by creating a Full Frame Solid. Ensure this Solid is placed directly over the Text Layer you want to Mask Out.
2) Create one or more Masks to denote the area you want to exclude/subtract the text, as it animates.

3) On the Text Layer, set its Track Matte (TrkMat) Switch to "Alpha Inverted Matte". This procedure will automatically disable the Eyeball/View Switch for the Solid, if it has not already disabled.

The image below shows the setup I've described. You will have to decide where exactly the text disaapears with respect to the Oval Area - on the left/right edge or somewhere in its middle. You may also want to Feather the Mask(s) to soften the edge as the text disappears. HTH

Roland_Kahlenberg_0-1596282267226.png

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After doing everything including the animation of the text layer, you make a precomposition for this text layer by itself, then you make a mask for that text pre-composition with Pen tool.

Text layer animated, the right clic on it / Pre-compose.

Captura de pantalla 2020-08-01 a la(s) 10.49.10.png

Then in this pre-compose make a mask with Pen tool (G) like this. 

Captura de pantalla 2020-08-01 a la(s) 10.51.10.png

With the position animated the Text layer looks like go in to black oval.  If you need to make something differente this is the basics. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines