Highlighted

Plug in for rotoscope tool

Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a 3rd party plug in for a good rotoscope tool for AE?

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Plug in for rotoscope tool

Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a 3rd party plug in for a good rotoscope tool for AE?

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BorisFX's Silhouette and mochaPro (two different products) are blockbuster-class roto tools.

https://borisfx.com/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A N D mochaPro today announced its PowerMesh feature - very cool stuff.

https://borisfx.com/videos/mocha-pro-2021-intro-to-powermesh/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Indie767 LATEST
Engaged ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Roland

I downloaded a trail verson of Mocha Pro Adobe but it keeps crashing AE when I try to use it. I have Windows machine, i9 CPU with 32GB RAM and a Nvidea GeForce 2080 Super GPU, which I thought would be enough to run Mocha Pro. I can upgrade my RAM to 64GB but what you do suggest for a  GPU upgrade? 

Thanks. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mocha AE is very useful for Rotoscope work. Depending on a few masks on a solid used as a track matte may do the trick in very little time. The most efficient workflow should always be determined by the shot. 

I use various versions of this workflow all the time. 

I also use Mocha AE, a stabilized corner pin workflow, and a combination of procedural mattes and roto work all the time. About 80% of my AE work involves some kind of visual effect that requires creating mattes and masks so Roto and procedural mattes are part of my workday almost every day. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0