Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PR - AE dynamic link can't open AE project

Contributor ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am not able to import a AE composition in PR. ("File","Dynamic Link", "Import after effects composition")

After connecting dynamic link succes, I get "unable to open project"

(see joined screeen copy)

The AE project is working fine in After effects.

The very strange is that this happens only if  PR  only is running. If before importing, I open the EA project in AFter Effects it is OK. Why does PR need AE running to import compositions ?

It takes some time before the error message occurs (6 to 10 seconds), but when AE is running, the AE project opens imediatly in PR. 

So I try with a wery basic (only a texte layer) AE project , and it opens without AE running !!!!

Is there a time out problem ? What could be wrong in my AE project ?

(The project uses VC Orb & Saber effects and C4D render)

Many thanks for your help

My configuartion is :

Windows 10 Pro version 1909
64 Go Ram
CPU I9-9900K
Video adaptor RTX 2080 Ti, driver version 436.15 CUDA 10.1 DirectX 12.0
2 Benq monitors 2560x1440
SSD drives

PR 2020 V14.1.0 (build 116)
AE 2020 V17.0.6 (build 35)

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Hello, I got a workaround from Adobe support for this problem. It is just a bug !!!!

So, revert every thing to previus version, and all works fine !!!! (no relation with graphic card and GPU..)

No date for real solution

Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, long and short: Likely your video driver is going *kaboom*. It's crashing a couple of times silently before switching into quirks mode so finally the programs actualyl start. At this point not a single Adobe app is particulalrly optimized for RTX cards and the harsh reality of it is that you have to fiddle with driver settings to make it work. I'm pretty sure the system event logs confirm this. As long as the apps are usurping and competing for resources in a leaky GPU environment this won't change.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Thanks for your fast reply.

I chercked as you suggest the event logs

I cleaned up at firts the system and application event logs

Start Premiere and try to import my composition via Dynamic link, as expected it does not work. 

I refreshed and checked both event logs and got not a single warning or error in both logs.

I start After effects, the import in premiere worked then fine !!!

Both event logs are still completely empty (after refresh)

Is it posssible ti start some PR or AE or dynamic ling internal logs ?

Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I got a workaround from Adobe support for this problem. It is just a bug !!!!

So, revert every thing to previus version, and all works fine !!!! (no relation with graphic card and GPU..)

No date for real solution

Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines