Highlighted

Pre-compositions

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Creatives, 

When exactly do I precompose a layer? I am currently watching Avnish Parker videos and he ALWAYS precomposes the logo or text. When do I exactly precompose something and when is it necessary? What are the benefits? 

Looking forward to your response.

Peace.

Topics

FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pre-compositions

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Creatives, 

When exactly do I precompose a layer? I am currently watching Avnish Parker videos and he ALWAYS precomposes the logo or text. When do I exactly precompose something and when is it necessary? What are the benefits? 

Looking forward to your response.

Peace.

Topics

FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes you do it to control the hierarchical rendering order of After Effects, but any time you want to group layers together is a good time to pre-Comp.  Of course, you can always consider Parenting instead.

When it comes to logos or text, pre-Comps allow you to style the type in the containing Comp which can allow for flexibility when it comes to creating iterations of the logos or text later.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines