• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre-comps are being auto-filled with an old file

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use After Effects Pro 2019 for work for some relatively basic animations and have come across a very annoying issue within the past week. Anytime I create or import a pre-comp, any space within that pre-comp that isn't filled with a graphic, video, etc, is filled with a still of an old avi clip that I don't even have imported into my current composition. When I open the pre-comp, I don't see any other files.

Could anyone help me understand if I pressed an odd button somewhere along the way or if this is a bug that can be fixed? Let me know if you need any additional information about my settings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As starting point, you should clear all caches. You'll find the option in the AE menu -> edit if I recall correctly.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Choose Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache to purge the contents of all RAM caches (like the existing All Memory command) and the contents of the disk cache (like the existing Empty Disk Cache button in the Media & Disk Cache preferences).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines