Highlighted

Premiere Pro to After Effects - no effects and no color correction information

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow Adobe users,

I have never really used the dynamic link PP-AE feature up until now and I believe the reason is, I don't like making my life harder when I can avoid it.

So I was editing this project in Premiere Pro with a lot of footages and wanted to add some animations or effects over the footages in After Effects, as well as do all the graphics etc there. I still did the color correction and grading in PP, as well as changed some of the clips' speed, as this was important for my edit (so I couldn't wait to do it in AE..).

I didn't want to lose the quality of the videos through a render before importing in AE, so I thought "Hey, good moment to try out the dynamic link". Yeah, all good, but it doesn't transport the speed effects and the color corrections.

These are the errors that show up:

"zero denominator converting ration denominators" ( 17 :: 19 )

" AEGP Plugin Premiere Pro Import: Unknown error" ( 5027 :: 12 )

Am I doing something wrong, what could be the problem and do you have an idea how to do my work in AE without loss of video quality? Maybe render lossless or something? What would you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro to After Effects - no effects and no color correction information

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow Adobe users,

I have never really used the dynamic link PP-AE feature up until now and I believe the reason is, I don't like making my life harder when I can avoid it.

So I was editing this project in Premiere Pro with a lot of footages and wanted to add some animations or effects over the footages in After Effects, as well as do all the graphics etc there. I still did the color correction and grading in PP, as well as changed some of the clips' speed, as this was important for my edit (so I couldn't wait to do it in AE..).

I didn't want to lose the quality of the videos through a render before importing in AE, so I thought "Hey, good moment to try out the dynamic link". Yeah, all good, but it doesn't transport the speed effects and the color corrections.

These are the errors that show up:

"zero denominator converting ration denominators" ( 17 :: 19 )

" AEGP Plugin Premiere Pro Import: Unknown error" ( 5027 :: 12 )

Am I doing something wrong, what could be the problem and do you have an idea how to do my work in AE without loss of video quality? Maybe render lossless or something? What would you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 01, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Dynamic Link to work you need to be sure that you have exactly the same versions of AE and Premiere, ie CC2018 in both version.

ANyway, we need to know if you re trying to send all the clips in the timeline, or individual clips, or importing a Premiere Pro Sequences in After Effects. What is exactly the procedure you are using for this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both programs are CC 2019 and updated regularly.

I am importing the Premiere Pro sequence.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to send only an individual clip with speed changes and CC to AE. Select this clip in your timeline, right-click and choose Replace with After Effects Composition. Tell us if using this way AE preserves your speed changes and your color correction,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you said and in this case it saves the information for the time remap, but not correctly. Let me put it that way, the correct rhythm is normal-fast-normal-fast-normal, in AE it makes it normal but from the beginning of the clip (so it shows parts that are edited out) -fast (starting from correct moment though)-normal, then the video ends where the second fast part should start and freezes at that frame. If I put myself an additional keyframe with a higher value, it shows the rest.

I suspect there is an incompatibility in how PP and AE handle time remapping - I noticed PP has a slightly confusing way of handling the speed keyframes when I was doing the speed remap there.

Colorwise I can't tell, as I do my color corrections on adjustment layers and not directly on the clips.

I just wonder whether there is a correct way of transporting these effects or what is the workflow supposed to be in case you need speed remaps, let's say? I find so little information about this in internet - it is always about how to use the dynamic link in general but never about troubleshooting obvious issues that come up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2019 0
aambrose LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if you found a solution for this since I'm having the same issue. I'm using the most recent versions of Pr and Ae but sending a clip to Ae from Pr that contains time remapping, doesn't match up in Ae. I simply wanted to do some noise reduction on a time remapped clip from Pr but Ae doesn't seem to interpret the time remapping. However, it carried over my Lumetri adjustments I made directly on the clip. To add some clarity, when I save my dynamically linked clip in Ae and return to Pr, the time remapping is gone. The clip was timed to music in Pr prior to sending to Ae but after it was saved in Ae, it's no longer synced to the music in Pr. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0