Highlighted

preview and rendering

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am a newbie in after effects. Could you please help me with the following questions?

-  How can I get a real-time preview in after effects (the green bar is only available at several areas on the timeline, but I want to have a look at the full video)?

-  When I render my project, I get a very huge file size (> 10 GB) and my computer even cannot play the rendered video. My render settings are: format=avi, quality=best; 1920x1080 px, frame rate=30

What can I do to reduce the file size?

(my aep project size is 5 MB, length of the video is  3min 20s.

Thanks in advance,

Verena

TOPICS
Performance, Preview, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

preview and rendering

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am a newbie in after effects. Could you please help me with the following questions?

-  How can I get a real-time preview in after effects (the green bar is only available at several areas on the timeline, but I want to have a look at the full video)?

-  When I render my project, I get a very huge file size (> 10 GB) and my computer even cannot play the rendered video. My render settings are: format=avi, quality=best; 1920x1080 px, frame rate=30

What can I do to reduce the file size?

(my aep project size is 5 MB, length of the video is  3min 20s.

Thanks in advance,

Verena

TOPICS
Performance, Preview, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are new you should start with the User Guide. There are tutorials on the basics like previews and rendering.

After Effects is NOT a video editing app. It is a motion graphics, visual effects, and compositing apps designed to create shots and occasionally short sequences that cannot be created in a non-linear editor like Premiere Pro. More than 90% of my comps are under 7 seconds and one shot. Most of my comps have somewhere between 10 and 30 layers. Most of the movies I work on are somewhere between 10 minutes and 2 hours long. Most of my films require visual effects to be used on about 20% to 30% of the shots. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0