Preview immediatly stops - After Effects

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click the preview button and it starts for a split second then immediately stops on its own. This seems to only be happening when it doesn't have to pre-render any footage. E.g it pre-renders my clips then when I try to play them it plays for a split second.

edit: some extra details: 

system: cpu-intel i5 9600k, 16gb ram, gpu-geforce GTX 1660, motherboard- msi MPG ZE90

not using cache (doesnt fix the issue, ive tried), 

my project contains 600fps clips that have been interpreted as 30fps, most of them using time remapping and the RSMB pro plugin

TOPICS
Error or problem, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Preview immediatly stops - After Effects

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click the preview button and it starts for a split second then immediately stops on its own. This seems to only be happening when it doesn't have to pre-render any footage. E.g it pre-renders my clips then when I try to play them it plays for a split second.

edit: some extra details: 

system: cpu-intel i5 9600k, 16gb ram, gpu-geforce GTX 1660, motherboard- msi MPG ZE90

my project contains 600fps clips that have been interpreted as 30fps, most of them using time remapping and the RSMB pro plugin

TOPICS
Error or problem, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 05, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your system, the contents of your project, preview settings and so on we can't even begin to guess. You might also want to actually read the online help on previewing to possibly understand and figure out yourself what's going on.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, here are some details:

my project contains 600fps clips that have been interpreted as 30fps, most of them using time remapping and the RSMB pro plugin.

i have already read many online help and no one has my same isssue

edit: audio preview works fine

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lewsters,

Sorry for your issue.

Would you mind telling us the exact version of After Effects you're using? Is it the latest? I've observed users having issues with RSMB, could you remove it from your project and see if it brings any change?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0