Highlighted

Preview in After Effects doesn't work

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am working on a project in After Effects and all of a sudden the preview stopped working. I push play and the active camera starts but nothing happends. I have tried to start a new project but I have the same issue. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

/Mia

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davidarbor | Adobe Community Professional

Try going to:

Edit>Purge>All Memory & Disk Cache

Also, is this happening all the time or does it work when you restart Ae or your computer?

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Preview in After Effects doesn't work

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am working on a project in After Effects and all of a sudden the preview stopped working. I push play and the active camera starts but nothing happends. I have tried to start a new project but I have the same issue. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

/Mia

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davidarbor | Adobe Community Professional

Try going to:

Also, is this happening all the time or does it work when you restart Ae or your computer?

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check to see if the “caps lock” key is pressed on your keyboard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caps lock is not activated.

/Mia

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2017 0
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screen recording of this happening?

[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I have pressed play in preview and you can see the stop mark. But the preview doesn't show.

/Mia

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2017 0
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to:

[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted the computer and purged all memory and disk cache and now it's working!!! Thank you sooooo much!! Lifesaver!

/Mia

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I thought I have a similar problem and tried Purge, but it still doesn't work.

I hit space and nothing happens. its the same when push the play/stop button on the preview panel.

I've noticed that when I hit space again, in order to stop the preview, the time indicator jumps one frame backwards.

Im not the only one who uses this computer, so it might be that someone changed some settings...

Does anyone knows how to fix this?

thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. It's so annoying

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, the time indicator jump backward when I press space.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same exact thing is going on with me. did anyone figure this out? please help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and worked. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl8LxHBSX88 

How to Fix Composition Not Showing Up in the Preview Panel on After EffectsI'm working on a project. The preview window when I scrub the timeline. And none o...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Not sure if you found your answer but it has been solved in a related post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/after-effect-preview-not-work/td-p/9804111

In short, it's because of Audio Hardware (and audio devices connected to your laptop/pc)

I've changed my audio hardware from MME to ASIO and the problem has been solved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problem here. Updated to After Effects 2019 - it doesn't recognise half of my linked files, so I got back to After Effects 2018, and it doesn't preview anymore. It also stopped sending files to Media Encoder. Tried purge, didn't help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very very tank you !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0